It is almost dinner time here in Australia, and I am cooking two of my favourite dishes: Vegetable soup and Fettuccine with tomatoes and goat cheese.
What I like about these two dishes is that they are very easy to make, very healthy and will suit vegetarians. The good thing as well is that I won’t have to cook for at least the next couple of days, as I always try to cook a bit extra to save time and energy.
Here we go, the first recipe is as easy as it can get:
1. Vegetable soup
- 1 carrot, 1 potato, 1 leek, 3-4 sticks of celery, 1 broccoli ( you may add other veggies to your taste).
- Cut all veggies into small pieces, put them all into boiling water (about 2 litres), add some salt and black pepper…30 minutes later the soup is ready. Ideally you should serve it with bruschetta or other Italian bread.
2. Fettuccine with tomatoes and goat cheese
- You will need: about 300 g of fettuccine, 1 package of soft goat cheese, a few basil leaves and 2 tomatoes.
- Firstly, chop tomatoes into small pieces, chop the cheese ( if possible, otherwise just tear it into small pieces), add basil leaves and mix it altogether, then add salt, pepper and olive oil. Leave this mix for about 30 minutes.
- Secondly, boil the fettuccine, then add the mix you’ve made into them and mix it well until cheese completely melts down.
This is it. In about 30 minutes you will have two delicious healthy dishes ready to be served. I hope you will enjoy these simple dishes as well as I will in a few minutes.